1001 2018-03-05 宋康
成都市人民政府市长 罗 强
Report on the Work of the Government
Delivered at the First Session of the 17th Chengdu Municipal People’s Congress on
25th February 2018
Mayor of Chengdu Municipal People’s Government
On behalf of the Municipal People's Government, I will now deliver a report to the Municipal People’s Congress for consideration and approval and ask the members of Chengdu Municipal People’s Political Consultative Conference to give their opinions.
I. Review on the Work of 2017 and Achievements of the Past Five Years
Over the past year, under the strong leadership of the CPC Central Committee, the State Council, the CPC Sichuan Provincial Committee, and Sichuan Provincial Government, and in accordance with the policy guideline of the CPC Chengdu Municipal Committee to build a national central city embodying the new development philosophy, we have earnestly studied and implemented Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, firmly grasping the key note of maintaining stability while seeking progress and promoting the stable and sound growth of the economy and society of the city. Chengdu’s GDP in 2017 reached 1.38894 trillion yuan, up by 8.1 %. The fixed asset investment stood at 940.42 billion yuan, up by 12.3%. The total retail sales of social consumer goods grew by 11.5%. The per capita disposable income for urban and rural residents went up by 8.4% and 9.1% respectively. The Consumer Price Index rose by 2%. The general public budget revenue amounted to 127.55 billion yuan, up by 11.3%.
1. We have maintained stable economic growth. We have sped up the development of industrial ecospheres, initiating 13 municipal key industrial ecospheres, including electronic information and biomedicine, and accelerating the development of 66 industrial functional areas that are based on industrial parks. The "project year" has lived up to its name. 189 projects were completed and put into operation, including BOE’s sixth generation AMOLED production line and the Volvo passenger vehicle project. The construction of another 146 projects picked up pace, including CEC’s 8.6 generation LCD panel production line, and CRRC’s rail transport equipment industry park. 144 new projects broke ground, including Global Foundries’ 12-inch wafer manufacturing project and the 1st phase of the Aerospace Communications Industry Park. 375 major projects were newly signed, including the integrated circuit project of Tsinghua Unigroup and Wuxi App Tec’s project. The actual domestic investment realized in the whole year was 481.27 billion yuan, an increase of 15.5%, and the actual foreign investment in place was in 10.04 billion US dollars, an increase of 16.5%. We have stepped up the development of the advanced manufacturing industry. We have pushed forward the development towards a Pilot City of Made-in-China 2025. The industrial added value of above-scale businesses grew by 9.0% and industrial investment rose by 33.9%. We have promoted the development of the modern service industry. The added value of the service industry increased by 8.9%. We have picked up speed in developing the financial center of western China. The deposits of the financial institutions in foreign and local currency reached 3.6 trillion yuan, with the loans at 2.9 trillion yuan and the direct financing at 332.8 billion yuan. Eight companies were newly listed in the A shares and 36 companies in the New OTC Bulletin Board. We received 3 million inbound visitors and a total of 210 million visitors, which generated a total tourism revenue of 303.34 billion yuan, an increase of 21.2%. We have gathered momentum in building a music capital, boosting the construction of major projects, such as the City Music Hall and the Open-air Music Park, with the total revenue of the music industry up by 18.4%. We have optimized the development of modern urban agriculture. The strategy of rural revitalization kicked off with a good start, speeding up the construction of 1 million mu of high-standard farmlands, with the agricultural added value up by 3.9%. It has been approved to create a National Center for Scientific and Technological Innovation of the Modern Agricultural Industry.
2. We have made headway in implementing the innovation-driven development strategy. We have vigorously promoted the comprehensive innovation and reform trial. Among the first 13 best practices of reform that the Central Government has approved for replication and promotion, Chengdu accounted for 5. We have strengthened collaborative innovation. The mixed ownership reform of research results achieved through the use of university resources has been deepened continuously in Chengdu. The ownership status of a number of research results has been clarified. Four new industrial technology research institutes were built. Chengdu was approved to create a Strong City for the Protection of Intellectual Property Rights. The reform pilot of the comprehensive management system of intellectual property rights was carried out. The Chengdu Intellectual Property Court was set up. The total number of new market entities reached 464,000, up by 42% year-on-year. The number of newly established technology enterprises was 20,000, an increase of 55%. The number of high-tech enterprises reached 2,473, growing by 17.9%, and the output value of the high-tech industry increased by 11.8%. We have further promoted the integrated innovation of the military and civilian sectors. A civil-military integrated supplier management system has been created. The construction of the Turbine Research and Development Headquarters and the Western China International Innovation Harbor of Beihang University has been started. A firm grasp of innovation and entrepreneurship has been taken. The New Economy Development Commission and the New Economy Development Research Institute were set up. The H3C Chengdu Research Institute and other projects were signed. The twelve newly-issued measures for brain gain have attracted more than 130,000 talents with undergraduate or above education to Chengdu. Tianfu New Area and New Hope Group were approved as the National Demonstration Base for Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The 2017 Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship Fair was successfully attended by participants from 47 countries, generating a total transaction volume of 24.03 billion yuan. 188 start-up events under the name of "Jingronghui" were organized. 260 incubators and accelerators for innovation and entrepreneurship were established, covering an area of 16.54 million square meters.
3. We have vigorously promoted reform in key areas. We have deepened the supply-side structural reform. We have implemented the necessary measures to reduce overcapacity, leveraging, inventory and cost, in addition to strengthen the weak links. 50 new industrial policies were issued. We have actively implemented the preferential pricing of electricity and natural gas. We have cancelled, stopped, reduced or remitted 46 administrative charges or government funds. The city proper now includes 11 administrative distract plus the High-Tech Zone and Tianfu New Area. More housing rental pilot programs have been instituted and the public service platform for renting houses established. 11 plots of land for rental housing were let for a construction area of 260,000 square meters. The construction of 78,000 apartments for talents and as supportive housing for industrial parks was started, with another 14,800 subsidized apartments for renting and purchasing by low-income groups. We have deepened the integrated urban-rural and agricultural-rural reforms. We have pushed forward the reform of the rural construction land under collective management and adopted the compensated transfer system of rural land under contracted management. The rural property rights trading platform has been established, with cumulatively 15,000 transactions and a trading volume of 76.3 billion yuan. We have carried out the construction of urban and rural comprehensive reform demonstration towns (or areas). A dual-track household registration policy based on conditions and points has been introduced. The urbanization rate reached 71.85%. We have accelerated the reform of state-owned enterprises. The 9+2 reform and restructuring of the municipal state-owned enterprises was carried out. Special measures that include reducing hierarchy, raising quality and controlling risk were put in place. We have deepened the reform of the investment and financing system. The pilot "commitment system" has been applied to the whole process of corporate investment projects. The time line for project approval has been greatly shortened. We have steadily promoted the cooperation between public and private capital. 20 PPP projects were signed off, with a total investment of 173.95 billion yuan. The 100-billion Chengdu Development Fund was set up. We have effectively promoted the reform of commercial affairs and implemented the system of "license first and permits later" and "all-in-one permit". The restructuring of agencies and recruitment reform of the Tianfu New Area and the Hi-Tech Zone have been completed.
4. We have continued to be more open to the outside world. The development of the Pilot Free Trade Zone has been accelerated. A total of 155 reform initiatives have been launched. 19,200 new companies have been added, with the registered capital reaching 294.874 billion yuan. The international trains have expanded with increased efficiency. The Chengdu-Europe Express Railway has newly launched 9 lines, including those from Chengdu to Moscow and Prague. 1,012 international express trains were run for the whole year, with the value of cargo carried at 4.6 billion yuan, up by 254%. It ranked first among all China- Europe Express Trains. Its status as an entry port of air-shipped meat was approved. The airport has adopted a "7 x 24" customs clearance system for passengers and for cargos with appointments made. The passenger throughput of Chengdu Shuangliu Airport reached 49.8 million, an increase of 8.2%. There were 5.39 million inbound and outbound visits, an increase of 8.7%, ranking first among the cities of middle and western China. The cargo throughput reached 643,000 tonnes, up by 5.1%. Five international regular direct flight routes were newly launched, including those from Chengdu to New York and to Oakland. The work of "going global" has been steadily advancing. Chengdu businesses have built and are building a total of 166 projects in the countries along the "Belt and Road”, involving more than $10 billion. The total import and export volume was 394.18 billion yuan, up by 45.4%. International exchange and cooperation have deepened. Major international events such as the 22nd Session of the UNWTO General Assembly were successfully held. Chengdu became the permanent host city of the BRICS Film Festival in China. The construction of the international industrial parks such as the China-Germany, China-France, China-Italy, China-ROK, and Singapore-Sichuan parks picked up pace. The Business & Innovation Centre for China-Europe Cooperation was put into use. Two international sister cities, La Plata and Maputo, and 12 friendly cooperation cities including Bangkok and Valencia were newly added.
5. We have improved urban functionality. The spatial function pattern of the city has been further optimized. The pilot reform of master plan revision was actively carried out. The Chengdu City Master Plan (2016-2035) has been compiled, with a coordinated development strategy of “advance in the east, expansion in the south, control in the west, redevelopment in the north, and optimization in the center”. The function as the integrated transportation and communication hub has been enhanced, with the construction of the main structure and supporting facilities of Tianfu International Airport being accelerated and the expansion of Shuangliu International Airport proceeding smoothly. The Chengdu Railway Hub Plan (2016-2030) was approved. Xi'an-Chengdu High-Speed Railway and the revamping and capacity expansion of the Chengdu-Emei section of Chengdu-Kunming Railway were completed and put into use. The revamping and capacity expansion of the North Train Station and Chengdu-Pujiang Railway have been sped up and the number of trains of Chengdu-Deyang high-speed railway has been increased. The rail transit network has quickly taken shape, with Phase 2 of Metro Line 4, Phase 1 of Metro Line 10, and Metro Line 7 all into operation. The Chengdu Highway and Expressway Network Plan and the Chengdu Slow Mobility System Plan have been compiled. Cheng-Anyue-Chongqing Highway and the south section of the Third Express Ring Road opened. The construction of Tianfu International Airport Highway, the west and east sections of the Third Express Ring Road and the expansion of Chengdu-Pengzhou Highway have been quickened. 1130 kilometers of non-motorized road are newly added. 90 dead ends are open to traffic. The construction of 1600 kilometers of village roads has been completed. The "Internet + City" Campaign has been launched and the construction towards a "Broadband China" demonstration city accelerated. Chengdu has become one of the first batches of 5G pilot cities in China. The fundamental supporting function of the city has bettered as a three-year action plan to strengthen public services and facilities has been initiated. The 818 Plan to allow access to basic public services and facilities within 15 minutes has been formed and 276 out of 450 projects starting construction have been completed. The fight against congestion has been waged in a scientific manner, with focused efforts to build a city of public transportation and pioneering to come up with favorable policies to encourage bike and new energy vehicles (NEV) sharing. Endeavors have been put in toilet revolution in urban and rural areas, with 336 new public toilets built or rebuilt, making Chengdu as an excellent example in the national toilet revolution. Special rectification programs aimed at improving urban and rural environment have been implemented, in which 20 characteristic new street blocks came into being and 11,700 households in the shantytowns, 920 old courtyards and 7,427 households in urban ghettos were renovated.
6. We have energetically promoted green and low-carbon development. We have strengthened our efforts towards a national pilot city for low carbon development. The green and low carbon energy system is taking shape in an accelerated manner, in which coal-to-gas and coal-to-electricity transformation in factories and enterprises has been furthered and vehicles on roads are urged to shift from petrol to natural gas, with construction of charging stations (piles) accelerated and 21,000 new electric vehicles hitting the road. We have conscientiously carried out the preparatory work for environmental inspection by the central and provincial governments and strengthened supervision and rectification. The three major campaigns for the prevention and control of pollution have seen early results. With Ten Measures to Reduce Smog and the Air 650 Campaign into implementation, 889 coal-fired boilers and 23,900 outdated high-emission vehicles have been eliminated. 3,968 restaurants in districts and towns have transferred from coal to gas or to electricity. The online dust video monitoring on 1,577 construction sites were installed. 14,148 unregulated heavily polluting enterprises were closed. The number of good-air days reached 235 days, 21 days more than that of last year, the longest since 2013 when the new environmental standard of air quality was promulgated, making Chengdu up 7 places among 74 major cities in China over the previous year. The annual average concentration of PM10 and PM2.5 falling by 13.7% and 10.2%, the best performance in recent years, has boosted our confidence to win the battle for a blue sky. The Ten Measures to Reduce Water Pollution and the Water 626 Campaign have been implemented, in which “Chief of River” has been strictly held accountable and 53 black and odorous river sections were cleaned up. The water quality of Minjiang River and other river basins has been improving gradually. The Ten Measures to Combat Soil Pollution and the Soil 620 Campaign have been implemented, in which detailed surveys on pollution sources and on soil composition of key enterprises as well as remote sensing for spatial and location verification have been carried out. The urban carbon sequestration capacity system is quickly taking shape. We have taken the greenery enhancement action across the city and implement the Ten Measures to Improve Greenery, with Spring and Autumn Green Campaigns in the pipeline, Longquan Mountain City Forest Park and Tianfu Greenway under accelerated construction and 8.09 million square meters of green space added. The "Flower City" is now shining in luster with the number of hibiscus flower doubled. The certification of energy-saving and low-carbon products has been carried out, and the green and low-carbon consumption system has been constantly improved. We have strengthened the standardization of government administrative affairs and the energy saving and emission reduction of public institutions. Chengdu has become one of the first-batch demonstration cities for prefabricated and modularized buildings in China. The High-Level Forum on International Urban Sustainable Development was held in Chengdu, where the Chengdu Declaration was issued, and Chengdu was listed as a pilot city for sustainable development by the UN-HABITAT.
7. We have pursued streamlined, delegated and service-oriented governance with improved regulation in an innovative manner. We have reduced and simplified items that require government review. By abolishing 18 administrative permits, delegating related or similar categorized items in whole chains to lower-level governments, setting up government license standardization and posing a big cut in number of required verification items at the village (community) level from 313 to 15, we have won commendations by the State Council. Concurrent and post-occurrence supervision has been strengthened. Market and quality supervision and administration bureaus have been set up in 19 districts and towns, with comprehensive supervision featured in random selection of the supervised subjects and supervising forces and prompt revelation of the results to the public. We have vigorously promoted the Internet-based governance. A total number of 2.363 million emails/phone calls have been received, in which 99.2% are replied and processed, 84.1% requests handled and 86.7% won satisfaction by the people. Mayor's Hot Line12345 has won the 100% Connection Award and the Trailblazer Award. Chengdu’s innovative practices in Internet-based governance have won the first place of the 2017 People's Livelihood Model Project Award at the 5th Chinese People’s Livelihood Development Forum. 727 items in 41 departments that require government review and approval can be processed on line, making informationalized review rate as high as 97.6%. With pilot project of standardizing government affairs, we voluntarily disclosed over 4 million pieces of government information through the city government’s network platform and all administrative regulations and general documents are open to the public. With the government cloud platform combining “cloud, network, terminal and digital” functions into planning, we have promoted scientific decision-making through big data analysis. We have furthered the “two concentrations and two authorizations” of review items to the designated departments, service centers or windows. 99.8% of the items that require municipal government review have been delegated to the municipal government affairs service center. We have piloted the "one window" service and “one stop” reform in various fields. 11 departments and agencies have taken prolonged and multi-shift service, processing a total number of 366,000 requests, saving time and efforts for the people and businesses.
8. We have improved people's lives in a sustainable manner. Poverty alleviation efforts have been in full swing. 29,878 people in 85 provincial-level poor villages in Jianyang city all got out of poverty and 8,380 houses were built or refurbished for poverty-stricken households. 427 million yuan has been put as aiding fund and 532 cadres were selected to support 19 poverty-stricken counties in Ganzi and Aba prefectures. We have actively supported the restoration and reconstruction of Jiuzhaigou Valley after the earthquake. The building towards one of the first-batch national healthy cities has been started, with all markups of pharmaceuticals abolished in municipal public hospitals, 82 healthcare consortiums formed and the medical service system of the traditional Chinese medicine constantly improved. The mortality rate of women during pregnancy and delivery has been lowered to 4.66 persons per 100,000, a record low. The work on unemployment insurance has been steadily promoted, with 276,000 new jobs created in cities and towns, 3.15% of registered urban unemployment rate by the end of the year, "zero employment" family eliminated dynamically and the reemployment rate of the laid-off workers of businesses that were heavily-polluting or violating urban planning or regulations reaching 95.96%. We have improved the welfare for the front-line municipal service staff, building more than 300 lounges for sanitation workers, offering free physical check-ups for 16,519 sanitation workers and providing government-subsidized rental housing for bus drivers, so that they could feel the loving care of the city. The social aid system has seen overall improvement that the three big initiatives to assist the disabled have offered help to 2.64 million cases. 14,000 new beds for senior citizens have been added and the long-term care insurance has been piloted. Educational undertakings have been prioritized. 21 secondary and primary schools have been built and 39 of such are expanded. 160 public kindergartens are added, serving another 90,000 children. 160 million yuan has been invested to improve the nutrition of the students under compulsory education in rural areas. The first local regulations on community-level education in China have been promulgated in Chengdu. The quality of higher education has been steadily improved, with 8 universities in Chengdu selected into the central government’s plan to build world-class universities and disciplines. College of Chinese and ASEAN Arts has been set up. We have vigorously developed cultural and physical undertakings. The Chengdu Performing Arts Center has been put into operation. Brand events such as the 6th International Intangible Heritage Festival in China, the 5th China Internet Audio-Visual Conference, the International Poetry Festival Week as well as other big-brand events have been successfully held in Chengdu. Autumn in Chengdu · 2017 Chengdu International Music Season became a hit last autumn. Cultural events and activities benefited the people in different seasons. For four consecutive years Chengdu had won the honorary title as a National Civilized City. Chengdu became the 34th member of the World Cities Cultural Forum. 19 international sport competitions including the First Chengdu International Marathon have been commenced. 139 new public football fields were built. The ability to mobilize national defense has been enhanced. We have actively promoted disaster prevention and reduction. Work on food and drug safety has yielded stable improvement, with no serious safety accidents throughout the year and the number of production safety accidents decreasing by 20.95%. The number of work-related deaths was down by 13.57%. The implementation of the seventh five-year (2016-2020) plan for law popularization was solidified, winning the title of the national model city for law-based governance. The Safe Chengdu campaign has been deepening, with the city running safely and smoothly in an orderly manner. It once again won the Chang’an Cup, the highest national safety award. The city has become more peaceful, secure and comfortable for the people.
The ten promises to improve people's livelihood made by the municipal government have been fully delivered.
Esteemed deputies, the objectives and tasks of 2017 were fully accomplished, which meant the present government had achieved its present goals successfully. The past five years have been an unusual period in the development history of Chengdu. We have weathered all kinds of challenges, overcome difficulties and achieved the leapfrog development of the city. We have crossed two milestones, the 10,000-dollar line in per capita GDP and 1 trillion-yuan mark in regional GDP, with our comprehensive strength ranking top among the provincial capitals.
-The past five years has seen tremendous achievements in industrial transformation and upgrading. A number of major projects were completed and put into operation, including Intel’s chip packaging and testing project (Gallant Horse) and Dongfeng Citroen’s automobile project. The revenues of advanced manufacturing and emerging industries with strategic importance accounted for 59% of the total industrial revenues. Seven100-billion-yuan industrial clusters have been formed, referring to the industries of electronic information, automobile manufacturing, equipment manufacturing, food and beverage, tourism, finance, and logistics. Two 100-billion-yuan industrial parks have taken shape in High-Tech Zone and Economic and Technology Development Zone. New achievements have been made in promoting the momentum of the service industry. Chengdu has led the country in developing urban modern agriculture and new countryside. The industrial ratio was 3.6: 43.2: 53.2. The added value growth rates have been 3.8%, 8.7% and 8.9%, respectively. The integrated development of industries has generated new business models, and the competitiveness of the urban industry is greatly improved.
-The past five years has witnessed economic development gathering new momentum. Two National Engineering Laboratories and 13 National Enterprise Technology Centers were added respectively. 113 national scientific and technological awards were obtained, and 6 Nobel Prize winning teams were introduced. Major civil-military integrated projects such as the CASI Cloud and Wing Loong UAV were completed. Five organizations including Sichuan University and Pidu District were approved as the National Demonstration Base for Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The average annual growth rates of investment in R & D by the public and private sectors and patent ownership per 10,000 people were 13.5% and 18% respectively. More than 52,500 new technology enterprises were added, as were 1.385 million new business entities, achieving an average annual growth rate of 31%.
-The past five years has seen urban functional quality being upgraded. The development strategy of “advance in the east, expansion in the south, control in the west, redevelopment in the north, and optimization in the center” has been implemented. As a result, the urban space has been improved and the industrial and economic landscape reshaped. The "11 + 2" pattern of the city proper has been formed. Tianfu New Area has been approved as a national-level new area. The supporting function of the core areas has been strengthened in an accelerated manner. The North Chengdu Redevelopment Project has played a leading role in accelerating the organic renewal of the downtown. The administration of Jianyang city has been completely transferred to Chengdu. The administrative status of two counties, Shuangliu and Pixian, have been changed into districts. All tasks regarding the urban-rural coordination reform have been fulfilled. The achievements of constructing, managing, maintaining and operating excellent rural roads were remarkable. The construction of Tianfu International Airport was started. The Chengdu-Chongqing, Xi’an-Chengdu and Chengdu-Mianyang-Leshan high-speed railways have been put into operation. The city’s role as the main highway hub of western China has come of age. The urban rail transit network has been taking shape quickly, with the mileage of operation reaching 179 kilometers, and the ratio of rail in public transportation raised to 35%. The slow mobility system has been restored in a faster manner. The bikes have returned to the city as shared ones. A number of major urban functional facilities, such as Chengdu Museum and the Western Expo City, have been put into use.
-The past five years has beheld new steps taken in international cooperation and opening-up to the outside world. There are now 16 foreign countries approved to establish consulates in Chengdu. It has 85 international sister cities/friendly cooperation cities. 281 companies out of the Fortune Global 500 have been present in Chengdu. The number of international (regional) air routes has reached 104. The status of Chengdu as the 4th Aviation City in China has been more consolidated. The Chengdu-Europe Express Railway has connected with 14 overseas cities and 12 domestic cities in China. It has become the busiest railway with the most lines and the most stably operated ones among all Sino-Europe Express Railways. Successful international conferences, such as the Fortune Global Forum, the World Chinese Entrepreneurs Convention and the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting, have been successfully held in Chengdu. Import and export have maintained high growth momentum. The economic and trade exchanges with countries and regions along the Belt and Road have been boosted.
-The past five years has observed new breakthroughs in the development of ecological civilization. We have outperformed the emission reduction targets of the 12th five-year-plan period. Energy consumption per 10,000-yuan GDP has been declining year by year. The three major campaigns for the prevention and control of air, water and soil pollution are in full swing. The concentrations of PM10 and PM2.5 in 2017, compared with 2013, decreased by 40% and 42.3% respectively. The number of good-air days for the whole year increased by 103 days, reaching 235 days. The comprehensive restoration of black and smelly canals in the urban built area has been completed. The quality of the soil environment has stabilized. Major ecological renewal projects, such as the restoration of vegetation in the mountains of Longquan and Longmen mountains, have been achieved. The forest coverage has increased to 39.1%. The forest stock has amounted to 33.67 million cubic meters. The institutions for green and low carbon development have been preliminarily established. We have successfully built a national ecological city and national low carbon pilot city.
-The past five years has witnessed new progress and improvement in people's lives. The average expenditure on people’s welfare accounted for 66.8% of the general public budget. 1.32 million new jobs were created in cities and towns. The average disposable income of urban and rural residents increased by 8.5% and 11%, reaching 38,900 yuan and 20,300 yuan respectively. The unified social security system in urban and rural areas has been formed in an all-round way. 114,000 beds have been made available for old-age service. The average life expectancy has reached 79.89 years. 84,000 government subsidized apartments have been built to alleviate the housing difficulties of nearly 200 thousand people. The achievements of the comprehensive education reform were outstanding. Chengdu has become one of the first-batch national demonstration areas for public cultural services. We have eradicated absolute poverty, met the poverty alleviation targets in Jianyang, and actively supported the poverty reduction efforts of Ganzi and Aba prefectures. The restoration and reconstruction efforts after the Apr. 20 Lushan earthquake and the paired assistance to Ya'an have been completed successfully. For seven consecutive years it has been the national model city for mutual support between civilians and armed forces. It has been consistently voted as China's happiest city.
-The past five years has seen new achievements in our capacity for governance. The spirit of the Eight-point regulation of the CPC Central Committee and the relevant regulations of provincial and municipal committees have been strictly followed. The educational campaigns on the CPC’s “mass line” and the three guidelines for ethical behavior and the three basic rules of conduct have been promoted. It has been institutionalized to help Party members better meet Party standards by studying the Party Constitution, Party regulations, and General Secretary Xi Jinping's policy addresses. Cadres have been urged to strengthen their ties with the people. The efforts to improve Party conduct, promote integrity, and fight against corruption have been pushed forward. The political ecosystem is now featured with more law-based and better governance. The streamlined, delegated and service-oriented governance with improved regulation has continued to improve, and the government's ability to benefit the people has been significantly enhanced. The satisfaction of the people with the government service has risen. Work on the fronts of national security, disaster prevention and mitigation, emergency management, fire protection, civil air defense has strengthened. The Affairs of auditing, statistics, archives, confidentiality, meteorology, counselor’s office, local history, philosophy and social sciences has proceeded smoothly. Ethnic and religious affairs, and those related to HK, Macao and Taiwan, women and children, adolescents, senior citizens and charity organizations have made significant progress.
Deputies, these achievements would have been out of the question without the strong leadership of the CPC Central Committee, the State Council, the CPC provincial committee, the provincial government, and the CPC municipal committee. It has come as a result of the efforts of all citizens and public officials under the supervision and with the support of Chengdu Municipal People's Congress and the CPPCC Chengdu Committee. Here, on behalf of Chengdu Municipal People's government, I would like to express our heart-felt gratitude to the people of the city, the deputies of the Municipal People’s Congress, and members of the CPPCC Chengdu Committee, democratic parties, business and trade associations, personages without party affiliation, people’s organizations, departments of central and provincial governments stationed in Chengdu, and all others that have been supporting the development of Chengdu! My highest tribute goes to the People's Liberation Army, the Armed Police, fire fighters, police officers, court marshals, militiamen and reservists! Our sincere thanks also go to our compatriots in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, the vast members of overseas Chinese community and the many friends from home and abroad.
At the same time, we also realize that the economic and social development of the city is still uneven and inadequate, and there remain many problems in the work to be addressed. We need to pick the pace of transforming and upgrading of the real economy. The vitality of all kinds of market entities has not been fully stimulated. The industrial modernization is not advanced enough. Our ability to drive innovation must be strengthened. The new drivers of the new economy need to be cultivated further. We need to open up to the outside world in a broader and deeper manner. Our global competitiveness is yet to be strengthened in wider areas and at a higher level. The process of internationalization of the city needs to be accelerated. Given the tight constraints of the resources and environment, ecological civilization needs to be further advanced, especially addressing the tough challenges of preventing and controlling air, water and soil pollution. The people still have many unmet needs in education, health care, housing, pension, travel, culture and sports. The guarantee for safe operation and lean management of the city should be strengthened. Some cadres need assistance in capacity building. Their skills in using the Internet and modern technology need to be boosted, so does their ability to execute and take accountability. There is also room for improvement in terms of work ethics. We are taking effective measures to solve these problems.
II. Work for the Next Five Years
Socialism with Chinese characteristics has entered a new era. The new thought leads the new era, and the new mission embarks the new journey. Chengdu now stands at a new historical starting point, with multiple and unprecedented opportunities. The bright future of Chengdu calls upon us to press on with innovation and enterprise and achieve greater success in Chengdu in the new era!
We should thoroughly follow the spirit of the 19th CPC National Congress and Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era. We will resolutely embody the spirit of the important speeches of General Secretary Xi Jinping made during his recent inspection of Sichuan Province. We will implement the “five-sphere integrated plan”, focus on the “four-pronged comprehensive strategies”, firmly uphold the new development philosophy, and insist on the general guideline of seeking progress while maintaining stability. We will fully implement the policies of the CPC Central Committee, the State Council, the CPC provincial committee, the provincial government, and the CPC municipal committee. We will follow Chengdu's Three-Step Strategy for a new era, speed up the development of the modern economic system, realize high-quality growth, and build a greater city that fully embodies the new development philosophy.
We will focus on five priority tasks. First, we will adhere to innovation-driven development, building strong and strategic support for our modern economic system. We will implement the strategy of innovation-driven development, prioritize innovation in key and general-purpose industrial technologies and transform to greater quality, higher efficiency and better drivers of economic development. The modern economic system supported by innovation will be formed. Second, we will adhere to balanced development and improve the comprehensive development of the city. We will implement the functional zone strategy and promote the development strategy of “advance in the east, expansion in the south, control in the west, redevelopment in the north, and optimization in the center”. reshaping the industrial and economic landscape. We will strengthen the strategic positioning of the national-level Tianfu New Area and accelerate the construction of the important poles and cores of the city. The rural revitalization strategy will be implemented. The balanced and integrated urban-rural development will continue to be improved. The medium-and-long-term population growth will be planned scientifically to realize the coordinated development of population, resources and the environment. Third, we will adhere to green development and form a new harmonious development pattern between man and nature. The systems of sustainable energy, production and consumption will be established to transform the economic and social development into the green and low-carbon models. We will continue to implement the strategy of "three reductions and one increase”, launch the "three campaigns" of reducing air, water and soil pollution, and carry out a number of ecological protection and carbon sink projects. We will strive to return nature to its previous states of peace, harmony and beauty, and achieve the sustainable development of the city. Fourth, we will adhere to open development and cultivate new competitive advantages through international cooperation. We will be deeply integrated into the country’s Belt and Road initiative and the Yangtze River economic belt. We will keep opening to the outside world and build an international hub city to significantly promote the international influence of the city. Fifth, we will adhere to the principle of shared development and see that urban and rural residents have a strong sense of happiness and fulfillment. We will build a city by the people and for the people. We will create a green and pleasant ecological environment, an open and inclusive cultural environment, a pleasant and comfortable living environment, a competitive and convenient business environment, and a clean and efficient governance environment. We will provide more and better public services, improve the welfare and social security system, and promote development to meet the aspirations of the people for a better life.
III. Work arrangements for 2018
2018 is the first year to put the guiding principles of the 19th CPC National Congress into action. It also marks the 40th anniversary of the reform and opening-up. The basic arrangements are as follows. We will be guided by Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era and fully implement the requirements of the 19th CPC National Congress and the Central Economic Work Conference and the important instructions made during General Secretary Xi Jinping’s recent inspection of Sichuan Province. We will execute the policies deployed by the 11th CPC Sichuan Provincial Congress, the 2nd Plenary Session of the 11th CPC Sichuan Provincial Committee, the 13th CPC Chengdu Municipal Congress and the 2nd Plenary Session of the 13th CPC Municipal Committee. We will uphold the CPC leadership, insist on the general guideline of seeking progress while maintaining stability, endorse the new development philosophy, adhere to the principle of people-centered development, pursue the supply-side structural reform as the main line, speed up the development of the modern economic system, and address the changing principal contradiction facing the society. According to the overall arrangements of the CPC Chengdu Municipal Committee, 2018 will be the Year of Full Implementation. We will promote steady growth, reform, restructuring and improvement of people's lives, and enhance risk control. We will pursue greater quality, higher efficiency and better drivers of economic development and lay a solid foundation for tackling major risks, eliminating poverty and controlling pollution. We will carry out the "four key projects" of the provincial government, improve people's lives and promote sustained and healthy development of the economy and society.
The main development targets for this year are as follows. The GDP will grow by about 7.5%, the total fixed asset investment around 8%, the total retail sales of consumer goods about 10%, and the import and export volume 8%. The local public budget revenue growth and economic growth will be synchronized. The per capita disposable income of urban and rural residents will grow by 8% and 9% respectively. The R&D investment by the public and private sectors will grow by 12%. The energy consumption per 10000-yuan GDP and emissions of major pollutants will be further reduced. The increase of CPI will be limited to around 3% and the registered urban unemployment rate will stand at 4% or less. Our focus will on the following nine areas of work.
1. We will consolidate the real economy to implement high-quality development. We will maintain our focus on the real economy, making supply quality improvement as the main target, implementing the provincial government’s “project year”, cultivating the innovation ecosystems, promoting the construction of 66 industrial parks, supporting the industrial ecospheres, and making efforts to transform to high-quality growth amidst medium-and-high economic development.
First, we will speed up the development of the advanced manufacturing. We will accelerate the development of Chengdu as the pilot city for Made in China 2025 to actively strive for the status of a national demonstration zone. We will deepen the “Internet + advanced manufacturing” strategy and vigorously develop the new generation of information technology, biomedicine, rail transport and other emerging industries of strategic importance. We will enhance the intelligence and informatization of traditional industries, speed up the industrialization of construction industry, and foster the growth of industrial clusters. We will strive for an industrial investment growth rate of more than 10%, and an 8.5% growth rate for the added value of the above-scale industrial businesses. We will run the construction of industrial projects well, accelerating the construction of the Tongwei high-efficiency crystalline silicon solar cell project, the Kelun biomedicine industry base and other projects. We will support the rapid development of innovative companies such as XGIMI and Tengdun Technology. We will promote the differentiated and characteristic development of the industrial functional zones, establish project access standards industry by industry, accelerate the industrial upgrading and promote the integrated development of industries.
Second, we will develop the modern service industry vigorously. We will speed up the construction of three demonstration areas for high-end consumption and development of international consumption centers. We will take effective measures to boost the "business circles". 37 service industry clusters, 39 modern business circles and 100 characteristic street blocks will be built. The added value of the service industry will increase by more than 8.5%. We will accelerate the development of producer services such as R&D, design, consulting, inspection and testing, and modern logistics. We will boost the comprehensive pilot of building a national supply chain system and the national pilot city for innovative development of modern logistics. We will advance the pilot of joint urban distribution. We will improve quality-of-life services, such as commercial and retail services, cultural, tourist and leisurely services, restaurants and catering services, healthcare services, pension schemes, educational and sports service, residential and family services. We will speed up the demonstration pilot project of the Sino-French Chengdu International Smart Community for Elderly Care Service. We will encourage new business models of the service industry, such as those highlighting intelligence and experience. We will pick up pace in the construction of a well-known world tourist city. We will develop a full-fledged tourism sector, accelerating the construction of the “Big Aviation World” project and elevating Qingcheng Mountain and Xiling Snow Mountain - Huashuiwan as national tourist resorts. We will support the ancient town of Anren, and the combination of Pingle Ancient Town and Tiantai Mountain to create national quintuple-A scenic spots. The giant panda, gourmet food, leisurely lifestyle and greenways will be important “name cards” for tourist promotion. More creative and classy "Chengdu souvenirs" should be created. We will set up overseas tourism promotion and experience centers. Festivals and events such as the Chengdu International Tourism Expo will be held. We will strive to receive 3.3 million annual inbound visits, making a total of 218 million visits and generating a total tourism revenue of 360 billion yuan.
Third, we will develop modern urban agriculture. The development of modern agriculture is a top priority in the implementation of the rural revitalization strategy. The construction of key agricultural parks will be accelerated, including the Tianfu Agricultural Expo Park and Chongzhou High-Quality Grain and Oil Park. We will actively build a National Agricultural High-Tech Development Zone. We will accelerate the construction of the Modern Agricultural Science and Technology Innovation Center. We will cultivate a number of large enterprises, groups and corporate headquarters, while the family farms and farmers' cooperatives will also be actively promoted. Measures will be taken to implement the "agriculture + tourism", "agriculture + healthcare" and "agriculture + the Internet" “agriculture + exhibition" strategies. We will build more recognized brands for agricultural products and foodstuff and strengthen the protection and inheritance of the time-honored brands of the food industry. Brands will lead the high-quality development of the agricultural industry, turning agriculture into an attractive sector and making farmer a glamorous occupation. The output value of processed agricultural products will reach 150 billion yuan, and the total revenues of agricultural entertainment and rural tourism will reach 38 billion yuan. We will implement a plan to enhance quality and efficiency of competitive and characteristic agriculture. We will vigorously promote the construction of farmland water conservancy projects and build 1 million mu of high-standard farmland. We will promote the development of the pilot demonstration counties for rural industrial integration such as Chongzhou and Pujiang. The agricultural added value will increase by 3%.
Fourth, we will strengthen the capacity of financial services to serve the real economy. We will speed up the development of the Western China Financial Center, promoting the development of the "1+5+N" financial industry clusters. We will vigorously recruit legal-person financial institutions and regional financial headquarters. We will improve the venture capital system throughout the business life cycle, strengthen venture capital and financing services and build differentiated docking platforms to better meet the financing needs of various market players. Various capital markets will be put into full use. The multiplier action plan to increase the number of listed companies is being implemented, and 8 new listed companies and 40 new NEEQ-listed companies will be added. We will focus on developing "technology finance", "rural finance", "consumption finance" and "supply chain finance". More than 300 billion yuan of credit line will be added in 2018, and the direct financing volume will exceed 350 billion yuan. Carbon finance will be actively developed. A carbon finance system supported by direct investment and financing, bank loans, carbon index trading, carbon options and futures will be quickly put into place. We will give full play to the leading role of the government fund to guide private capital into major municipal projects. The Tianfu International Fund Town will work as a carrier to build a whole-chain ecosystem for the fund industry, including the raising, investing, managing and exiting of funds. We will establish and improve the local coordination mechanism for financial risk regulation and supervise the local financial order. We will intensify efforts to crack down upon illegal fund-raising, strengthen the rectification programs targeting the Internet financial risks and trading houses and guard against regional financial risks.
2. We will speed up the transformation of growth drivers. We will further the innovation-driven development strategy, push forward the comprehensive innovation and reform program, improve total factor productivity, cultivate the innovation ecological chain, pool momentum for reform, stimulate talent vitality, and promote growth transformation and high-quality development.
First, we will vigorously develop the new economy and cultivate the new growth drivers. We will focus on developing new economic forms, including the digital economy, intelligent economy, green economy, creative economy, flow economy and sharing economy, and prioritize seven major application scenarios, such as developing smart cities and modern supply chains. We will set up an angel investment fund for the new economy. We will implement a tiered cultivation plan for the new economy, promote the cultivation projects for high-tech and innovative SMEs, form a vigorous and competitive landscape, and add more than 5000 new economy businesses, and incubate 2 unicorn companies. A group of clusters and agglomeration zones for the new economy will be created. We will promote the integrated development of the digital economy and real economy, boost the development and application of emerging technologies such as the Internet of things, big data, artificial intelligence, block chain and virtual reality, and actively identify, support and nurture all kinds of growth drivers of the new economy.
Second, we will promote the cooperative innovation of the government, industry, university and research institute. We shall carry out the science and technology fusion plan of Chengdu, strengthen fundamental research and applied research, create a comprehensive national science center, and strive for the establishment of more major research platforms such as the national key laboratories and national engineering research centers. We shall institute a resource sharing mechanism between universities and enterprises, promote the accumulation and agglomeration of innovative resources into the industrial functional areas, jointly carry out scientific and technological research, commercialize research results and incubate start-up enterprises. We shall speed up the transformation of research results into practical productive forces and deepen the mixed ownership reform of job-related research results achieved with university/institution resources. We shall encourage more proprietary development of the China-first set equipment. We shall strengthen the management, protection and application of intellectual property rights, establish the Chengdu Intellectual Property Trading Center, Copyright Trading Center and High-Value Patent Incubation Center, and explore the securitization of intellectual property.
Third, we will promote the integration of military and civilian innovation. We will explore the civil-to-military institutional innovation and the military-to-civil open innovation. We shall actively build a National Military-Civil Integrated Innovation Demonstration Zone, jointly establish a shared and compatible platform for military-civil integrated innovation and start the construction of military-civil integrated innovation centers and industrial parks. We shall accelerate the construction of 7 provincial military-civil integration industrial bases such as laser, nuclear power and aviation power as well as the construction of key projects such as the whole aircraft project of the AVIC Chengdu Aircraft Industrial Group Co. and the Chengdu Information Security Industrial Park.
Fourth, we will speed up the development of a National Self-dependent Innovation Demonstration Area. The Planning Guideline for the Chengdu National Self-dependent Innovation Demonstration Area will be issued and so will be the Regulations on the Chengdu National Self-dependent Innovation Demonstration Area. Efforts will be made to promote three industrial ecosystems for electronic information, new economy, and biology. We will increase support for leading enterprises and accelerate the development of innovation and entrepreneurship centers such as the Business & Innovation Centre for China-Europe Cooperation and Singapore-Sichuan High-Tech Innovation Park. We will strive towards a leading area with innovation-driven development, an agglomeration zone of high-end industries, a demonstration zone of opening-up and innovation, and a new growth engine of western China.
Fifth, we will consolidate the foundation of entrepreneurship and innovation. We will speed up the development of a National Demonstration Base for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. We will support the development of Jingrong Town of Pidu District, the Jingrong International Plaza of the High-Tech Zone and the International Jingrong Center of the Tianfu New Area. We will develop the university-rim knowledge-based economic circles, create more high-capacity maker space and high-tech incubators. We will vigorously develop innovative service platforms such as R & D and design, technology trading, venture capital and technology evaluation, and improve the "Venture Tianfu" cloud incubation system. We will advance the 12-point New Deal for Talents, implement the Global Partnership Scheme for Top Science Parks, promote the “Chengdu Drifter” talent recruitment program and improve the talent support and service system. We will build overseas offshore talent innovation and entrepreneurship bases and an industry park for human resource services. We will build a synergistic human-capital system, recruit more than 200 top experts, and attract more talents to Chengdu for innovation and entrepreneurship. We will expand the Jingronghui-brand activities and host the 2018 Innovation and Entrepreneurship Week and the 2018 Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship Fair successfully.
3. We will continue to deepen the reform in key areas. Horizontal reforms will be coordinated and longitudinal reforms will be progressive. We will implement more "small-incision" reforms, integrating measures at single points and in wider areas, reducing the shocks and improving the results.
First, we will deepen the supply-side structural reform. We will fulfil the requirements of “cutting overcapacity, reducing excess inventory, deleveraging, lowering costs, and strengthening points of weakness” and of “eliminating, cultivating and reducing” by the central government and the key task of “raising, building, and cultivating” by the provincial government. We will optimize the allocation of stock resources and expand the supply of high-quality and incremental products and allocate land resources based on output. Project investment will play a key role in changing the supply. We will invest in 1000 key projects with an annual volume of 400 billion yuan. Fifty new industrial new policies will be implemented. The “five roads and one bridge” vehicles tolls have been cancelled. The cost of utilities, logistics and the operational cost of custom clearance at the ports will be reduced. We will stimulate private investment, vigorously support the development of non-public sectors, encourage successful homegrown entrepreneurs to "invest in hometown—Chengdu", and support the development of the alumni economy. We will expand the influence of "Chengdu quality", "Chengdu standard", "made in Chengdu", "created in Chengdu" and "Chengdu service". We will carry forward the spirits of entrepreneurship and craftsmanship, promoting the values of hard work and striving for excellence and professionalism.
Second, we will deepen the reform of the housing system. We will make sure that housing is for living in, not or speculation. We will improve the regulation system of the real estate market, promote the pilot reform of rental housing, give full play to the demonstration and driving effect of the state-owned enterprises to promote rental housing and actively standardize, nurture and expand the rental market. We will improve the system of both renting and selling houses and implement the subsidy system for government subsidized rental housing. We will constantly improve the payment and use of the central provident fund (CFP) and fully promote point-based and condition-based residential registration, satisfying the inelastic demand of citizens for housing. The pilot program of developing common-property housing and the project of “housing for talents” will be energetically implemented
Third, we will deepen the reform of state-owned enterprises. To promote the optimal allocation of state-owned capital, we will focus on standardizing the corporate governance structure and deepening the reform of the "three systems" and improve the modern corporate system. We will reorient toward capital management, reform and improve the authorized operation system of state-owned capital, and establish and improve the efficiency-oriented management, evaluation and supervision system for state-owned assets. We will take proactive measures to "reduce liabilities, lower costs, enhance efficiency and raise capacity" for municipal state-owned enterprises, and vigorously implementing the strategy of "strengthening enterprises by attracting talents". The asset securitization rate of the municipal state-owned enterprises will be over 12%, and more than 4 municipal state-owned enterprises will be listed.
Fourth, we will deepen the reform of the fiscal, taxation, investment and financing systems. We will promote the performance-oriented fiscal budget system, systematically expand the tax base, transform the mode of fiscal investment, and promote the establishment of a sustainable modern fiscal system. We will strengthen the quota management of the government debt, strictly limit the raising of debt ceiling, standardize the process of debt raising and the use of funds, and effectively minimize the government's debt risk. We will strengthen and improve the government financing and investment vehicles to better guarantee the development of major projects. We will actively seek support and guide from China's Public-private Partnership Investment Funds and vigorously promote successful public and private partnership.
Fifth, we will deepen the reform of the commercial system. We will accelerate the "all-in-one" licensing reform and promote the electronic business registration and electronic business license. In the Pilot Free Trade Zone, we will implement the "company domicile declaration system” and the “negative list management" and relax the conditions for the registration of company domicile. At the industrial parks we will pilot the program of “corporate project investment commitment system” and improve the “three-list” management system for investment projects. We will build a pilot city for the social credit system, institute the unified social credit code system and establish the joint response and disciplinary mechanism.
4. We will strongly promote the strategy of rural revitalization. We will adhere to the priority of agricultural and rural development. Building a well-off life for farmers will become a central task of implementing the strategy of rural revitalization. Based on the general requirements of building prosperous industries, livable environment, rural civility, effective governance and a well-off life, we will reinforce the integration of urban and rural development.
First, we will continue to deepen the reform of agriculture and rural areas. We will scientifically formulate strategical plans for rural revitalization. We will deepen the reform of the rural land system, implement the 30-year extension policy after the expiration of the second round of land contract and promote the division of the “three rights” of the contracted land and the reform of the "three kinds of land plots" in rural areas. We will deepen the reform of the rural collective property rights system, make sure rural collective economy deliver tangible results, pilot the transfer of the status of collective operation land to construction land and improve the profit sharing and allocation mechanism for sale, leasing and stock appreciation of land. We will continue the pilot of matching the index increase and decrease in the use of construction land. We will promote the "agricultural joint-operation system", initiate orderly circulation of the rural land, and strive to achieve moderate-scale operation for 65% of the land. We will explore the new model of “management committee + platform company”, actively and steadily promote the integration of villages and towns, changing the administrative status of towns to sub-districts and merging villages into urban communities.
Second, we will improve the quality of the supply of rural resources. We will establish an incentive mechanism to stimulate capital investment in the rural areas. The comprehensive financial service platform of “Rural Loan Express” will be improved. We will encourage districts (cities) and counties, universities and enterprises to co-build the agricultural technology experiment and extension base, cultivating and attracting professional and technical personnel and institutions. An action plan to attract migrant workers to return home for entrepreneurial activities will be implemented. A national entrepreneurship demonstration park for returned migrant workers will be built. We will continue the pilot of fostering a new-generation of professional farmers and provide them with large-scale free training of practical skills for a rural life. We will support the development of agricultural e-commerce platforms and rural e-commerce service stations, and accelerate the development of rural IT infrastructure, such as the agricultural big data center and the cloud platform of the Internet of Things.
Third, we will speed up the development of the beautiful countryside. We will formulate the development plan and demonstration corridor plan under the rural revitalization strategy. We will actively develop the "three-beauty and four-good” demonstration villages and carry out the “four-good” rural road development program. We will build more characteristic towns (or street blocks) and protect and restore the big forests in Western Sichuan. We will actively promote a mode of "characteristic town + platform + garden complex" to renew the rural landscape and support the landscape sightseeing project such as the Dujiangyan core irrigation area and the tourist scenery along the air routes. We will enhance the rural social services, improve the rural living environment and build a beautiful and livable country.
5. We will optimize and improve the urban functional quality. We will implement the main functional area strategy based on the readjustment of the urban spatial structure and reshaping of the industrial economic landscape. We will continue to coordinate the ambitious development of “advance in the east, expansion in the south, control in the west, redevelopment in the north, and optimization in the center”, bringing about the city organic renewal. We will develop Chengdu into a world-famous cultural, tourism and sports city and an international metropolis of gastronomy, music and convention & exposition (three cities and three metropolises). We will accelerate the formation of a more efficient, sustainable and comprehensive urban bearing system.
First, we will pick up the development pace of Tianfu New Area. We will give full play to the important pivotal role of the Tianfu New Area in the Belt and Road Initiative and the Yangtze River Economic Belt. According to its positioning as the most dynamic growth pole of western China, the opening-up economic highland in inland China, and a modern international metropolis that is livable, business friendly and offers high-quality employment, we will highlight its characteristics as a garden city, take into consideration its ecological value, and seek a bright future for the New Area with the strategic vision and global perspective. We will compile and revise the Tianfu New Area Master Plan with high standards. We will integrate the development of the supporting infrastructure network, gather high-end industries and improve the urban functions of transportation, energy, public service and ecological green space, among others. We will accelerate the development of key projects such as the Luxi Smart Valley, Chengdu Science City and Tianfu Center and facilitate the start of new projects such as the China Mobile 5G Joint Innovation Industry Research Institute (Chengdu) and the Southwest China Earth Science Innovation Center. We will enhance the reach and influence of the Tianfu New Area in promoting the economic and social development of Chengdu and Sichuan.
Second, we will vigorously promote the construction of Tianfu International Airport and the new International Airport City. According to its positioning as a first-class national and international aviation hub and inland airport economic portal, we will accelerate the construction of a comprehensive transportation system with the airport as the core and vigorously facilitate the construction of its main structure and supporting facilities. We will institute a high-standard plan to promote aviation logistics and create a streamlined customs clearance system. We will accelerate the construction of new International Airport City, strengthen the foundation of its capacity, build functional platforms, promote the construction of “Tianfu Brocade Cloud”, the China Telecom information hub project, and vigorously develop modern logistics, cross-border e-commerce and airport-based headquarters economy. We will enable the ambitious development programs of eastern Chengdu, including the Longquan Mountain City Forest Park, Jianyang urban areas, Jianzhou New City and Huaizhou New City.
Third, we will promote the comprehensive transportation capacity. We will speed up the construction of Tianfu International Airport, complete the expansion and renovation of Shuangliu International Airport, carry out the pilot reform of low altitude airspace management, and accelerate the construction of Jintang General Aviation Airport. We will finish and put into use Chengdu-Pujiang Railway, accelerating the construction of railway projects such as Chengdu-Guiyang and Chengdu-Lanzhou Railways and speeding up the preliminary work of Chengdu-Zigong and Chengdu-Xining Railway projects. We will pick up pace in the construction of the city-wide public rail transit network and operate more of Chengdu-Mianyang-Leshan Intercity EMU. We will expand the rail transit network, launch and start operation in Phase 3 of Metro Line 1 and Phase 2 and 3 of Metro Line 3, with the metro operational mileage reaching 210 kilometers. The construction of Phase 3 of Metro Line 10, Phase 1 of Metro Line 13 and Phase 3 of Metro Line 18 will be initiated. We will complete the expansion of Chengdu-Pengzhou Highway and speed up the construction of the Tianfu International Airport Highway and the Third Express Ring Road. The city-wide expressway network will enjoy accelerated construction. The Longquan Mountain Tourist Expressway will start construction. The Tianfu-Qionglai Highway, Chengdu-Wenjiang-Qionglai Highway expansion project will be accelerated. We will actively expand public transportation in the urban area, optimize the layout and the network of public transportation, enhance the slow mobility system and get through more dead ends.
Fourth, we will vigorously boost urban infrastructure development. We will take on the “three-year challenge” in improving public service facilities in the downtown, accelerate the construction of public service facility network and set up more than 800 new public service projects. We will prioritize the key construction projects such as the Lijiayan Reservoir, strengthen the sponge city and underground pipeline network, and boost the comprehensive development and utilization of underground space. We will step up the construction of a new generation of information infrastructure, plan and pilot the construction of high-standard 5G network ahead of schedule, enhance the gigabit city network capacity and strengthen IT infrastructure in the rural villages. We will promote integrated application of the Internet of Things, big data, cloud computing and artificial intelligence and build a new type of smart city. We will pilot the “responsible architect” system. We will perform list-based management of the basic public services in urban and rural areas.
Fifth, we will upgrade the elaborate approach of urban management. In accordance with the goal of “a safe, clean, orderly, and convenient city", we will take "five major measures" to promote community development and governance. We will deepen the market-oriented reform of urban management. We will continue to renovate the shantytowns and old courtyards, try to bring elevators into old buildings and address the problem of overdue resettlement after inhabitant removal. We will dismantle the illegal walls and bulletin boards and add more greenery according to “the action of two dismantling and one expansion”, while implementing the urban public space redevelopment plan, renewing backstreet alleys and building more characteristic and boutique street blocks. We will continue the action of environmental clean-up in the suburbs and give a facelift to hundreds of villages. High-standard planning and construction of the city night scenes will be pursued. We will select the most beautiful and ugly street in Chengdu. The "toilet revolution" will be further promoted and more than 700 new public toilets will be built and renovated. Aqua privies will be eliminated in the rural areas. The implementation of the “ten measures to alleviate congestion” will be furthered. The traffic mode and control system of the “11+2” pattern will be enhanced. We will take practical measures to increase the care for front-line staff in urban management, such as the sanitation workers and others. We will regulate and improve the bike-sharing service and support shared means of transportation.
6. We will energetically improve the ecological environment. We will firmly live by the philosophy that “green mountains are golden mountains.” We will prevent and control pollution, enhance ecological protection, consolidate the development of the National Low-Carbon City, improve the quality of the environment and make the sky bluer, land greener and water clearer. The beautiful urban and rural areas will add grace to each other. The beautiful landscapes and the people will live in peaceful harmony.
First, we will promote the green and low carbon transformation. We will establish a market-oriented system to stimulate green and low-carbon innovation, and cultivate the industries of alternative energy, new materials, intelligent manufacturing, new energy vehicles, energy saving and environmental protection. We will improve the energy consumption mix, promote the replacement of fossil fuels with alternative energy, expand the clean energy infrastructure, and incorporate the construction of electric vehicle charging piles into urban renovation and new housing development plans. We will move towards the goal of a demonstration city for prefabricated and modularized buildings and propagate green buildings in an all-round way. We will promote the green and low-carbon consumption revolution, implement water saving measures in Chengdu, and promote divided-purpose water supply and reuse of reclaimed water. We will advocate for sustainable supply, low-carbon packaging and recycling. We will encourage low-carbon mobility, enhancing the ratios of new energy vehicles in newly-added public transportation and government vehicles to no less than 30% and 50% respectively. We will institutionalize green and low carbon demonstration organizations, advocate for a simple, moderate and low-carbon life style, and oppose extravagance, waste and irrational consumption.
Second, we will make great efforts to address environmental challenges. The Ten Measures to Reduce Smog and the Air 650 Campaign will be implemented in a forceful manner. The large coal fired steam boilers will be phased out in the entire city, and the old gas boilers will be converted into the low NOx combustion mode. The targeted control of city road dust will be more stringent. We will strictly control high-emission non-road mobile machinery within limited area, regulate emission standards of diesel trucks, crack down on the production and sale and use of non-standard vehicle fuel, strengthen law enforcement of open burning, and promote technology-based smog control. The Ten Measures to Reduce Water Pollution and the Water 626 Campaign will be implemented in in-depth manner. The system of “making a designated leader accountable for a river or lake” will be strictly followed. We will highlight water environment governance of the basins of Minjiang River and Tuo River, strengthen the prevention and control of agricultural-source pollution, implement clear waterbody protection, enhance environmental safety of drinking water and upgrade standards for urban sewage treatment plants. We will complete comprehensive restoration of 120 black and odorous river sections. The Ten Measures to Combat Soil Pollution and the Soil 626 Campaign will be implemented in a profound way. We will pilot demonstration of remediation and restoration of contaminated sites, intensify pollution control of livestock and poultry farms, enforce the zero-growth rule on chemical fertilizers and pesticides, and combine animal husbandry and farming in a circular approach. We will upgrade the pilot of garbage classification and accelerate the construction of 6 environmentally friendly power plants, including those in Dalin and Dengshuang. We will take on the three-year challenge to prevent and control solid waste, improve the disposal capacity of hazardous waste, and strengthen the recycling of construction waste. We will adopt a comprehensive approach to address urban noise and light pollution. We will strengthen scientific research on pollution prevention and research and commercialization of the research results. We will be resolute in the fight against pollution.
Third, we will increase protection of the ecosystems. We will promote the integrated conservation of mountains, rivers, lakes, farmlands and forests, and improve the quality and stability of the ecosystems. We will strictly abide by the urban development boundary, observe the “redline” of the basic permanent farmland and ecological protection, evaluate the carrying capacity of resources and the environment, explore measures to manage environmental and spatial constraints and adopt a negative list for industrial development in urban environment. We will be active in establishing a biodiversity conservation network. We will take the greenery enhancement action in the whole area and implement the Ten Measures to Improve Greenery. The construction of the Longquan Mountain City Forest Park and Tianfu Greenway will be sped up, creating an urban complex with ecological, humanistic and economic functions. We will continue the "spring and autumn campaign" for urban greening, promote the 3-D urban greening of walls, roofs, balconies, roads and bridges, carry out the greening project on the Second Ring Rd., and build a five-tier urban greening system that includes ecological areas, greenbelts, parks, small gardens, micro green plots. Major ecological construction projects, such as natural forest protection and reforestation, will be vigorously implemented. We will boost protection and utilization of the western Sichuan Forests, build an excellent national forest city, and strive for a forest coverage rate of 39.5% and the status of the National Ecological Garden City.
Fourth, we will reform the ecological environment supervision system. We will solve the environmental problems according to the feedback of the inspectors of the central and provincial government and strengthen environmental supervision at the municipal level. The environmental protection agencies will institutionalize a vertical enforcement system in monitoring and supervision. We will establish a goal evaluation and assessment system for ecological civilization development, institute the compensation system for the damage of ecological environment, and establish and improve the system of environmental credit evaluation, mandatory disclosure of environmental information and public participation. We will successfully complete the second national census on pollution sources and issuance of emission permits. We will improve the eco-compensation incentive mechanism and the system of paid use of resources. The trading system of carbon emissions rights, energy consumption rights and emission permits will be explored. A market of third-party solutions for contracted energy management and environmental pollution control will be established and improved. We will speed up the construction of the carbon trading center in the western China. We will pilot the institutions of the Giant Panda National Park.
7. We will improve the two-way opening-up. We will integrate deeper into the Belt and Road development, try to become a national leader for developing open inland economy and gateway city for China’s southward and westward opening-up.
First, we will speed up the construction of international exchange channels and opening-up platforms. The international airline network will be improved, and more than 3 new international (regional) direct air routes will be added. We will steadily increase the number of international freight trains, optimize the network of stops and stations of Chengdu-Europe Express Railway, expand the coverage and improve the operation quality and service. We will speed up the construction of Chengdu International Railway Port, cultivate the port industrial ecosystem and build the European Industrial City and the Port Economic Demonstration Area. We will strive for the establishment of the comprehensive bonded area of the High-Tech Zone (West Park) and the bonded logistics center (Type B) of Tianfu New Area. We will build a designated port for air-shipped meats and rail-shipped grains, and vigorously promote the "single window" for international trade and 7 x 24 airport custom clearance services. We actively strive to become a national pilot for the market-oriented procurement trade. We will build more international partnership parks and create a Belt and Road economic liaison base.
Second, we will accelerate the development of the Pilot Free Trade Zone. We will substantiate the three-year action plan for the development of the Pilot Free Trade Zone and explore institutional mechanisms of trade facilitation, investment liberalization and financial internationalization. We will attract more inbound investment, fully implement the management mode of "filing + negative list" and lower the benchmark of foreign capital access. We will stimulate the financial innovation of the Pilot Free Trade Zone, strive for a bigger footprint of the multinational companies and attract more settlement centers of central SOEs. The aggregation effect of the International Airport and the International Railway Port will be given full play, and the ways to build the inland free trade port will be actively explored.
Third, we will improve international exchange and cooperation. We will deepen the economic, trade, cultural and tourism ties with countries along the Belt and Road. We will encourage and guide enterprises to go global. We will improve the "3+N" network of attractive domestic and foreign investment and sign more than 380 new major industrial projects, achieving an actual use of foreign investment of 11 billion US dollars and domestic investment of 560 billion yuan. We will give full play to the Business & Innovation Centre for China-Europe Cooperation to strengthen our ties with Europe. We will organize major international conferences and events such as the Belt and Road World Cultural City Forum, tennis and table tennis tournaments. We will promote the "Home in Chengdu" program among expatriates, invite more countries to establish their consular institutions and international organizations to set up offices in Chengdu. We will forge more sister cities/friendly cooperation cities relationships, with a view to enlarge Chengdu’s friends circle.
Fourth, we will actively promote coordinated regional development. We will speed up the development of Chengdu-Deyang-Mianyang Collaborative Innovation Community, strengthen cooperation among the cities within the Chengdu Plain Economic Zone and promote the railway-to-bus conversion in operational roles. Chengdu will strengthen cross-regional cooperation with Luzhou and Yibin ports. The construction of regional cooperation parks will be strengthened. Industrial relocation within Sichuan Province will be encouraged and coordinated. Relying on Xi’an-Chengdu High-Speed Railway and Chengdu-Chongqing High-Speed Railway, the Chengdu-Chongqing and Central Shannxi Plain urban clusters will interact with each other more often. Chengdu’s cooperation with Xining, Kunming, Guiyang, Nanning and other cities will also be deepened. We will strengthen exchange and cooperation with the Yangtze River Delta, the Pan Pearl River Delta and Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region, among others.
8. We will strengthen the Tianfu culture in an all-round way. Focusing on core socialist values, we will develop the Tianfu cultural values of “innovative and creative, elegant and fashionable, optimistic and tolerant, amicabile and charitable”, enhance the soft power and cultural competitiveness of the city and make an exciting cultural scene in Chengdu.
First, we will encourage public cultural undertakings. Literary and artistic creation featuring the historical and realistic themes of the Tianfu culture will be promoted. The stage art featuring the Belt and Road themes will be created. The Songs and Dances of the Three Kingdoms will be presented. The Tianfu Drama Festival will be founded. The Tianfu people-friendly cultural activities like “nine enters” will continue to enrich local people’s lives. The comprehensive cultural service centers will be launched in towns (subdistricts), and villages (communities) to provide more equitable cultural services to the public. We will strengthen popular science education, promote the reading boom and build a city of books. We will accelerate the construction of major projects including Chengdu Natural Museum and high-standard innovative projects related to famous historical figures and cultural inheritance, promote Chengdu as China's pilot city for soccer and start building the International Soccer Center and Comprehensive Gymnasium. We will actively launch outdoor activities on the Tianfu Greenway and in the Longquan Mountain City Forest Park, and promote citywide fitness programs, making the citizens more healthy and cheerful.
Second, we will strengthen the cultural and creative industries. We will accelerate the development of cultural and creative industries, such as creative design, digital entertainment, science fiction, film and television, entertainment and performances. We will cultivate more than 6 leading CCI enterprises with the main business revenues exceeding 5 billion yuan. We will promote the transformation and upgrading of CCI clusters such as the Eastern Suburb Memory and Anren Creative and Cultural Zone and accelerate the construction of key projects such as the Panda Planet, Shaocheng International Cultural and Creative Silicon Valley and Linqiong Cultural and Creative Industry Zone. The CCI added value will reach 100 billion yuan. We will speed up the development of the Music Capital. The influence of Autumn in Chengdu · Chengdu International Music Season and the Golden Lotus Award will be enhanced. At least 10 well-known music companies and key projects will be introduced into Chengdu. The Chengdu International Music (Performing Arts) Instrument and Equipment Expo will be held. The construction of music industry parks such as the 321 Fanmu Creative Zone and music towns such as Anren, Jiezi, Bailu and Pingle will be accelerated. The City Music Hall and the Open-Air Music Park will be completed and open to the public in order to make our city immersed in music and make our hearts nourished by culture.
Third, we will protect the historical and cultural heritage. The Plan for Protection of City Well Known for History and Culture will be compiled. We will conserve the styles and features of different historical periods in different sections of the city and strengthen protection and utilization of ancient Shu culture, the Three-Kingdom culture and historic blocks, hometown of celebrities, ancient towns, ancient buildings and modern industrial heritages. Five Heritage Parks including Donghua Gate and Qiong Kiln will be built. We vigorously promote the ancient Shu cultural relics and roads in applying for the World Cultural Heritage. We will accomplish China (Chengdu) Intangible Cultural Heritage Festival. We will increase protection of Sichuan Opera, Sichuan Brocade, Shu Embroidery, Lacquerware, Shadow Play and other intangible cultural heritage, accelerate the development of featured industry clusters such as the Wenshu District and Xindu Brocade Gate and strengthen live transmission of intangible cultural heritage so that the most authentic local stuff will have more international appeal.
Fourth, we will expand cultural exchanges with foreign countries. We will host the Second China-Central and Eastern European Cooperation Forum on Arts and other international cultural exchange events. Major international sporting events such as the Women's Table Tennis World Cup, the ATP250 Chengdu Open will be organized. The preparatory work of the 2019 World Police and Firefighter Games will proceed smoothly. The Chinese Culture Center in Morocco will be built and open to the public. We will accelerate the construction of the Europe-Asia Cultural Exchange Center, cultivate the brand of "Tianfu Culture Week", enhance the international influence of the city culture, tell the story of Chengdu and spread the voice of Chengdu.
9. We will prioritize social undertakings that improves people's lives. We will tackle the problems that people are most concerned about and bear upon their most direct and practical interests. We will do everything within our power and capabilities to alleviate the people's worries and troubles and make Chengdu a truly happy city.
First, we will continue to promote targeted poverty alleviation. We will take on the three-year challenge in tackling poverty alleviation with consolidated measures. We will re-visit the poor villages and poor people and carry out high-standard poverty alleviation and development. We will strengthen paired support to severely poverty-stricken counties in Ganzi and Aba prefectures. We will continue to support the post-disaster rehabilitation and restoration of Jiuzhaigou Valley.
Second, we will give priority to the development of educational undertakings. We will build 100 new primary and secondary schools and kindergartens, adding 100,000 slots for students. Infant care and early childhood education must be strengthened. We will implement a high-quality school cultivation plan, make efforts to solve prominent problems of competing for elite schools and large class sizes, effectively reduce the burden of students of primary and secondary schools and their parents. We will reform the senior high school entrance exams, speed up the high-quality characteristic development of general senior high schools, vigorously develop modern vocational education, and further the "Skillful Chengdu" program. We will support the development of the universities in Chengdu, implement the programs of building world-class universities and disciplines, promote the high-level development of municipal universities including Chengdu University, and build the College of Chinese and ASEAN Arts. We will set up the Belt and Road Higher Education Alliance and the Educational Collaborative Innovation Research Center. We will support continuing education, community-based education, special education and online education.
Third, we will increase employment and social security. We should strengthen the employment and entrepreneurship assistance of key groups, such as university graduates, migrant workers, and workers of the bankrupt enterprises. We will deepen the reform of the income distribution system and improve the guidance salary system for enterprises. We will continue to promote full coverage of the statutory population, formulate the implementation plan of matching Chengdu’s pension scheme with the nationwide standard, gradually improve the financing standards of urban and rural health insurance and the actual reimbursement ratio, and promote the reform of the medical insurance payment scheme. We will improve the social caring and service system for children of migrant workers who stay at the village, women and the elderly, and the rehabilitation services for disabled persons. We will strengthen social assistance and welfare, subsidies and placement work, and speed up the development of community care and assistance programs and charitable undertakings.
Fourth, we will implement the strategy of Healthy Chengdu. We will speed up the pilot program of building a national healthy city, strengthen the comprehensive prevention and treatment of major diseases as well as the prevention and control of chronic non-infectious diseases, and improve the service ability of traditional Chinese medicine, obstetrics and pediatrics. We will take action to enhance capacity of the community-level healthcare services, improve the system of graded diagnosis and treatment, enhance the establishment of medical treatment alliances, and accelerate the contract signing of family doctors. We will strengthen supply of drugs for major diseases, medical emergencies and low-price drugs, and enhance the supervision of drug safety. We will consolidate public hospitals to eliminate the price mark-up at the pharmacy. We will encourage privately invested hospitals. The three-year action plan for building community nursing homes will be carried out in an in-depth manner, and the insurance system for long-term care will be strengthened. We will strengthen food safety, build a national demonstration city for food safety, guarantee the safety of the "vegetable basket", increase food safety supervision, and give people greater confidence in their food.
Fifth, we will continue to innovate on social governance. We will strengthen community development and governance, promote the integration of grid management and urban public management, set up special funds for community development and governance, build 45 community complexes, and actively build community life circle. The establishment of a national demonstration city for safe development will be carried out. We will continue the development of Safe Chengdu, establish and improve the system of urban safety development, and make safe production more accountable and clarify the people with responsibility. We will speed up the establishment of a national emergency rescue base for hazardous chemicals. We will reform the management system of non-government organizations and promote the growth of social organizations such as trade associations, chambers of commerce, public welfare and charity organizations. We will manage ethnic and religious affairs in accordance with the laws. We will improve the affairs of letters, and petitions, arbitration, people's mediation, community correction service and other work to effectively dissolve various kinds of risks. We will accelerate the construction of a national earthquake prevention and disaster reduction demonstration city. We will strengthen mobilization of national defense and building of reserve forces. And we will carry out extensive campaigns of “double supports” — the government supporting the army and taking care of the servicemen's families and the army supporting the government and loving the people.
One shall not indulge in fantasy and make empty promises. We will take the improved wellbeing of the citizens as our major achievement, and fulfil our duty year after year, and task after task. We will concentrate on the ten tasks to improve the people’s lives this year and deliver a good report to our people.
IV. We will build a government for a new era that satisfies the people.
It takes a good blacksmith to make steel. We will remain people-oriented, firmly establishing a consciousness of the need to maintain political integrity, think in big-picture terms, follow the core leadership, and keep in alignment and consolidate our confidence in the path, theory, system, and culture of socialism with Chinese characteristics. We will earnestly carry out education activities with the theme of “remaining true to our original aspiration and keeping our mission firmly in mind”. We will always perform due diligence with a fine style of work, strict discipline and excellent skills to reassure the party and satisfy the people.
1. We will build a law-based government. We will earnestly implement the arrangements of the CPC Municipal Committee, strictly carry out the resolutions of Chengdu Municipal People's Congress and its Standing Committee and take the initiative to accept legal supervision and supervision over our work, as well as the democratic supervision of the CPPCC Chengdu Committee. We will do our utmost to properly handle the suggestions and proposals made by deputies of the People’s Congress and CPPCC Chengdu Committee members and will accept the supervision of democratic parties, the masses and the public opinion. We will perfect this system of government under the rule of law, improve the consultation mechanism for administrative legislation and do a good job of administrative legislation in key areas. We will strictly administer according to law and improve the decision-making procedures for major administrative matters and decision-making mechanisms for major issues, the appointment and dismissal of important cadres, arrangements for major projects, and the use of large sums of money. We will improve public participation and expert argumentation on major issues and promote the full coverage of legality review. We will continue to relatively centralize the power of administrative review and promote the reform of comprehensive administrative law enforcement. We will strictly carry out regulated, fair and civilized law enforcement and strengthen administrative review, administrative response and administrative compensation. Statistics will be compiled according to the law to ensure that such statistics are truthful and reliable.
2. We will build a service-oriented government. We will deepen the reforms of streamlined, delegated and service-oriented governance with stronger regulation in process and afterwards to create a development environment with fair competition. We will stick to the system of having a negative list for market access and will improve the list of government powers and responsibilities. We will consolidate the results made in certificate cancellation for the convenience of the people. We will deepen the “one stop” service reforms. We will continue to pilot prolonged and multi-shift services to better provide government services, carry out market supervision, and strengthen city management, thus ensuring that the people are served wherever they are and markets are regulated wherever they are. We will make efforts to intensify the building of the four-in-one government cloud platform that combines cloud, network, terminal and digital functions. We will build intelligent governance centers in districts and cities and complete the construction of the smart city operation center to increase the degree of open and shared applications of government information resources. We will further promote network governance and vigorously implement the policy of “one application number, one application window, and one application website” services, building an integrated self-service system to promote the integration of online and offline service and creating a real-time government for the people.
3. We will build an efficient government. We will establish an indicator system for high quality development, deepen the reform of the administrative system, make coordinated use of all kinds of resources, and determine the powers of administrative departments and agencies in a scientific manner so as to clarify their duties. We will promote the separation of government and public institutions, the separation of public institutions and enterprises and the separation of supervisions and operations. Efforts will be made to improve the professionalism and performance of public officials. We will strengthen the establishment of a new government think tank to better promote the government's scientific decision-making. We will intensify the study of government affairs, conduct in-depth investigations of real cases, understand the demands of the people, the deficiencies on improving he people’s livelihood, and the development challenges, by making trips to enterprises, communities and rural areas, and come up with practical measures to address real issues. We will fully grasp the theme of “the Year of Full Implementation” and take concrete measures to implement prioritized decisions and arrangements with strength, courage, ingenuity and perseverance. We will strengthen the assessment of administrative performance, innovate new ways of inspection and supervision, strengthen the management of goals, processes and traces, promote the standardization of government management services, make public primary-level government affairs, and widely implement third-party assessment mechanisms.
4. We will build a clean government. We will vigorously exercise full and rigorous Party self-governance within government agencies and see that the major responsibility been shouldered. Great efforts will be made to follow through the spirit of the detailed rules of the Eight-point Regulation, and the detailed guidelines rolled out at provincial and municipal levels. Firm actions will be taken to address formalism, bureaucracy, hedonism, and extravagance, especially the new forms of formalism and bureaucracy. We will conduct full investigations into and punish corruption and other forms of misconduct, step up efforts to fight against petty corruptions and strengthen warnings in this respect, and throw into prison all violators to nip corruption in the bud. We will strengthen auditing in key areas and key links and manage corruption risks, such as public funds, state-owned assets, state-owned resources, government projects and public resource transactions. Tough steps will be taken to address incompetence, stagnation, and negligence. We will improve officer evaluation mechanisms and the mechanisms that give incentives and allow for and address mistakes to build a loyal and clean civil servant team.
Deputies! A strong core holds power. Clear thinking will light the way ahead. Let’s unite more closely around the CPC Central Committee with Comrade Xi Jinping at the core and take Xi Jinping Thoughts on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era as our guide. Under the firm leadership of the CPC Central Committee, the State Council, the CPC provincial committee, the provincial government, and the CPC municipal committee, we will work together with our people, stay true to our founding mission, forge ahead with determination and work tirelessly to improve people's livelihood, accelerate the development of a city that fully embodies the new development philosophy and make true Chengdu’s "three-steps" strategic goals in the new era!
Ten Measures to Improve People’s Lives in 2018
I. Provide Convenient Public Transportation
1. Open Phase 3 of Metro Line 1. (Leading department: Chengdu Urban and Rural Construction Commission)
2. Complete the expansion and upgrading of the 3rd Ring Road. (Leading department: Chengdu Urban and Rural Construction Commission)
3. Launch Jinjiang Greenway Project (Phase I) and complete the construction of 102 kilometers of the Panda Greenway and 34 kilometers of Jincheng Greenway (Phase I). (Leading department: Chengdu Urban and Rural Construction Commission)
4. Continue to promote “Internet + Traffic Management” and improve road use efficiency to ensure that the annual average rush-hour congestion index in the central city does not exceed 1.70. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Public Security Bureau)
5. Speed up the integration of urban and rural passenger transport and make another 20 administrative villages accessible by buses. (Leading department: Transport Committee of Chengdu)
6. Increase the density of the public bus network between the Middle Ring Road and the Express Ring Road by adding another 10 lines and another 30 kilometers of new operation mileage. Add more than 10 bus lines to offer extended-hour services. (Leading department: Transport Committee of Chengdu)
II. Improve City Appearance, Environment and Sanitation
7. Carry out artificial precipitation enhancement to control air pollution and implement the “Ultra-fine Water Mist System for Smog Treatment” pilot project in the central city areas. (Leading department: Chengdu Meteorological Bureau, Chengdu Science and Technology Bureau)
8. Complete the upgrading of the smart monitoring and recognition systems against vehicles “discharging black smoke” and the mobile law-enforcement system for environmental supervision across the city. (Leading department: Chengdu Environmental Protection Bureau)
9. Complete the reclaimed water utilization project (0.2 million tonnes/day) of the No. 8 Wastewater Treatment Plant to return water to medium and small rivers. Cover 40,000 mu of farmlands with highly-efficient and water-saving irrigation system. (Leading department: Chengdu Water Authority)
10. Improve the quality and increase the green coverage of the 2nd Ring Road with 200,000 m2 of new green areas and achieve a green coverage of 40,000 m2 on the columns of overpasses. (Leading department: Chengdu Forestry and Landscape Management Bureau)
11. Build 26 garden-like blocks with distinctive features. (Leading department: Chengdu Forestry and Landscape Management Bureau)
12. Complete 15,000 mu ecological restoration project of the Longquan Mountains. (Leading department: Chengdu Forestry and Landscape Management Bureau)
13. Complete the capacity expansion of Chang’an Garbage Dump and add another 5 million m3 of landfill capacity for household waste. (Leading department: Chengdu Commission of City Management)
14. Build 200 new public toilets and renovate 109 public toilets across the city. (Leading department: Chengdu Commission of City Management)
15. Check 10,000 manhole covers for disease control. (Leading department: Chengdu Commission of City Management)
16. Establish 22 demonstration streets for comprehensive environmental improvement of narrow back streets. (Leading department: Chengdu Commission of City Management)
17. Improve the environment and the appearance of 100 villages. (Leading department: Chengdu Commission of City Management)
18. Rebuild 2000 public toilets with safe excreta disposal facilities in rural areas and 30 tourist toilets. (Leading department: Health and Family Planning Commission of Chengdu, Chengdu Tourism Bureau)
III. Promote Employment and Entrepreneurship
19. Provide job opportunities for 230,000 people in urban areas and provide new jobs for 56500 unemployed people. Transfer 73,000 rural surplus labor force to nonagricultural sectors. (Leading department: Chengdu Human Resources and Social Security Bureau)
20. Provide start-up subsidy to college students or college graduates who start up business within five years of graduation. (Leading department: Chengdu Human Resources and Social Security Bureau)
21. Attract another 70,000 college students to be employed or start up business. (Leading department: Chengdu Human Resources and Social Security Bureau)
22. Build 22 “Homes for Young Talent”, organize 130 activities, and provide services to 10,000 Chengdu Drifters and young talents. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Committee of the China Communist Youth League)
IV. Help and Support the Disadvantaged
23. Provide rehabilitation services to 1000 handicapped children, assistive devices to 25,000 disabled persons and medical rehabilitation services to 7,000 visually or mentally disabled persons. (Leading department: Chengdu Disabled Persons’ Federation)
24. Subsidize 100,000 disabled persons to participate in the social insurance program. (Leading department: Chengdu Disabled Persons’ Federation)
25. Support 11,000 disabled persons in rural areas in production and help 57,000 disabled persons to achieve flexible employment at home. (Leading department: Chengdu Disabled Persons’ Federation)
26. Provide free assistance to people with serious mental disorders and make sure that 85% of those in need receive support from the community. (Leading department: Health and Family Planning Commission of Chengdu)
27. Reward eligible parents who have practiced family planning with 960 yuan per person per year and support eligible parents whose only child is disabled or dead with 6240 yuan or 7800 yuan per person per year. (Leading department: Health and Family Planning Commission of Chengdu)
28. Ensure that the increase of per capita disposable income of residents in government-aided villages is 4% higher than that of the rural residents across the city and that the increase of per capita disposable income of poor households is 6% higher than that of the rural residents across the county/city/district. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Agriculture Commission)
29. Ensure that 100% of people who are eligible and live in extreme poverty can receive concentrated care and support with willingness. (Leading department: Chengdu Civil Affairs Bureau)
30. Provide 500 to 1000 yuan in living and medical assistance per person per year to eligible and registered workers with financial difficulties. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Federation of Trade Unions)
31. Provide free health checkup services to 15,000 registered workers with financial difficulties and sanitation workers (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Federation of Trade Unions)
V. Promote the Development of Education
32. Provide education subsidy to students in preschools, primary and secondary schools (compulsory education), vocational high schools and regular high schools who are from urban or rural families receiving minimum living allowances or “marginal families” above the minimum living standard but with no policy support. Make sure that the students in need are supported in due course. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Education Bureau)
33. Exempt accommodation fees in public secondary vocational schools for students from families living in poverty with or without Chengdu residence certificates and give accommodation allowances to eligible students in private secondary vocational schools. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Education Bureau)
34. Construct, rebuild or enlarge 100 primary and secondary schools and kindergartens, and create an additional 100,000 education opportunities. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Education Bureau)
35. Promote the standardized construction of community education institutions and build an additional 20 normalized community schools and 30 demonstrative community education stations. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Education Bureau)
36. Complete the construction of 9 municipal level demonstration sites of “Homes for the Left-behind Kids” to make sure that all children left-behind in rural areas are taken care of. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Committee of China Communist Youth League)
VI. Improve Healthcare and Elderly Care
37. Improve the physical infrastructure of primary medical and healthcare institutions and upgrade the facilities of 70 community health service centers (township health centers) and medical equipment at 90 community health service centers (township health centers). Transfer 500 village clinics to public ownership and complete their standardized construction. (Leading department: Health and Family Planning Commission of Chengdu)
38. Ensure that the premarital medical examination rate reaches 80% or higher and the prenatal health check covers more than 80% of the target population. (Leading department: Health and Family Planning Commission of Chengdu)
39. Implement the full coverage plan of social insurance, achieve full coverage of the target population and keep the rate of urban and rural pension scheme coverage above 90% and the rate of basic medical insurance for urban and rural residents at 97%. (Leading department: Chengdu Human Resources and Social Security Bureau)
40. Create a 15-minute elderly care service circle and build 61 community nursing homes. (Leading department: Chengdu Civil Affairs Bureau)
VII. Ensure Food and Drug Safety
41. Increase public knowledge on food safety and public awareness of rule of law and establish 22 “Internet + Interactive Sites for Publicizing Food Safety”. (Leading department: Chengdu Food and Drug Administration)
42. Promote electronic prescriptions in drug-retailing process and in more than 1,000 pilot pharmacies across the city. (Leading department: Chengdu Food and Drug Administration)
43. Launch an electronic map providing guidance on drug purchasing on the mobile phones. (Leading department: Chengdu Food and Drug Administration)
44. Give quantitative grading and rating to 95% of the city’s licensed restaurants and catering service suppliers. (Leading department: Chengdu Food and Drug Administration)
45. Equip 80% of the city’s licensed restaurants and catering service suppliers with “clean and bright” kitchens and subject 5000 restaurants to real-time online supervision. (Leading department: Chengdu Food and Drug Administration)
VIII. Improve Living Conditions
46. Renovate 9,486 houses in rundown areas (dilapidated houses). (Leading department: Chengdu Real Estate Management Bureau)
47. Renovate 235 old courtyards in the city center. (Leading department: Chengdu Real Estate Management Bureau)
48. Complete the construction of 4,000 public rental housing units and the infrastructure of 5,000 public rental housing units. (Leading department: Chengdu Real Estate Management Bureau)
49. Accelerate to build supporting infrastructure and complete the construction of 160 public service facilities in the central city area. (Leading department: Chengdu Urban and Rural Construction Commission)
50. Build or renovate 7 standardized vegetable markets. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Commission of Commerce)
51. Establish 200 standardized communities/villages for comprehensive disaster reduction, 440 demonstration communities for integrated emergency management and 44 emergency shelters under category II. (Leading department: Chengdu Civil Affairs Bureau and the Emergency Management Office of Chengdu Municipal Government)
52. Ensure 470 communities meet fire safety standards. Add another 22 fire engines and 4 fire stations. (Leading department: Chengdu Public Security Bureau)
53. Relocate 700 households under the threat of potential geological disasters. (Leading department: the Bureau of Land and Resources Chengdu)
54. Complete “one electricity meter for one household” upgrading project for 12,000 households in old downtown courtyards. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology)
IX. Benefit People through Cultural and Sport Services
55. Complete the construction of Chengdu City Music Hall. (Leading department: Chengdu Urban and Rural Construction Commission)
56. Establish 44 demonstration centers for comprehensive cultural services at community level. (Leading department: Chengdu Culture, Radio and TV, Press and Publication Bureau)
57. Organize 1,000 cultural activities to enrich people’s life. Show non-commercial movies 3,000 times in cinema as well as 14,000 times (not including the 3,000 times in cinema) in rural communities and for special populations. (Leading department: Chengdu Culture, Radio and TV, Press and Publication Bureau)
58. Organize 32 “Music in Chengdu” concerts at month ends. Exhibit archives of excellent family traditions, disciplines and rules. (Leading department: Chengdu Culture, Radio and TV, Press and Publication Bureau, Chengdu Municipal Archives Bureau)
59. Organize 2,400 extensive fitness-for-all activities. Provide free access (or low charge) to public gymnasiums and stadiums to 2.6 million people. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Sports Bureau)
X. Provide Convenience Services
60. Establish and operate a real estate registration center (East Chengdu Registration Center). (Leading department: Bureau of Land and Resources of Chengdu)
61. Establish 3 county-level and 47 community/village-level public legal service centers. (Leading department: Chengdu Justice Bureau)
62. Publish price information of commodities belonging to the shopping basket program on Chengdu Price Website. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Development and Reform Commission)
63. Adopt the “one window, one person” joint tax service mode for the convenient handling of state and local tax-related business. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Office, SAT, Chengdu Local Taxation Bureau)
64. Establish and pilot a running of Chengdu Emergency Management Platform for people trapped in elevators (phase I). (Leading department: Chengdu Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision)
65. Strengthen supervision over trading markets and improve the consumption environment. Nurture 100 Models of “Reliable Seller”. (Leading department: Chengdu Administration for Industry and Commerce)
66. Subscribe 500,000 households and 100 administrative villages/communities to optical-fiber broadband services. (Leading department: Chengdu Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology)
67. Provide convenient self-service at over 500 banking outlets for employees to pay into and deposit housing funds through smart bank terminals. (Leading department: Chengdu Housing Fund Management Center)
68. Facilitate certificate application at police stations by adding 22 self-service machines for issuing entry endorsement to Hong Kong and Macau and 128 self-service photo booths. (Leading department: Chengdu Public Security Bureau)
1. The “11 + 2” reform of the city proper. After optimization, the city proper of Chengdu is readjusted to incorporate 11 districts, namely Jinjiang District, Qingyang District, Jinniu District, Wuhou District, Chenghua District, Longquanyi District, Qingbaijiang District, Xindu District, Wenjiang District, Shuangliu District, Pidu District, and 2 new national areas, i.e. the Chengdu High Tech Zone and Tianfu New Area.
2. The 818 plan or 15-min basic urban public service facilities. Within 15 minutes’ walking distance (or 800-1000 meters), public service facilities of community management, community services, education, health, culture, sports, community commercial services and municipal government affairs are accessible and reasonably allocated. There are 8 categories and 18 items of basic public service facilities. The purpose of the plan is to improve community facilities, upgrade city functions and living quality, and create a harmonious and livable city.
3. Cloud, network, terminal and data, four-in-one. The functions include an integrated fundamental government affairs cloud platform, an interconnected government affairs network system, an integrated application service terminal and a converging, sharing and open government affairs big data resource system.
4. The “9 + 2” reform of municipal state-owned enterprises. The approach is to strengthen functions, highlight the main business and expand strengths of municipal state-owned enterprises. 20 class-I municipal state-owned enterprises will be reshuffled into 11 SOEs, 9 of which will be restructured into state-owned capital investment and operation companies, and the other 2 will carry out accelerated reform, transformation and development.
5. The Air 650 Project. It carries out air pollution abatement by reducing fire coal burning, controlling greenhouse gases emission, reducing the number of vehicles and oil consumption, cleaning up dust, enhancing comprehensive law enforcement and conducting scientific smog control. There are 6 action plans with 50 specific measures.
6. The Water 626 Project. The heavily polluted water body will be given a sign that specifies the clean-up measures. More sewage collection and treatment facilities will be built and meet higher standards. The comprehensive treatment of rural pollution sources will be boosted. The industrial enterprises will reduce pollution and emission. The urban water ecology upgrading projects will be implemented and drinking water sources will be regulated. There are 6 action plans with 26 specific measures.
7. The Soil 620 Project. It includes comprehensive implementation of environmental monitoring and early warning of soil erosion, classified management and control, risk prevention, comprehensive regulation, protection of unpolluted soil and restoration. There are 6 action plans with 20 specific measures.
8. Two concentrations; two authorizations. The administrative review and approval authority will concentrate all the administrative examination and approval functions in one internal department and the department will be concentrated in government affairs service center. The department will place full authority of administrative review and approval at the service window in the government affairs service center. All the administrative review and approval matters will be dealt with in the government affairs service center.
9. The 1+5+N financial industry cluster. “1” refers to the high-standard of Chengdu Finance Headquarter Business District. “5” is the multi-point multi-pole cultivation and development of 5 financial industry agglomeration areas. “N” is the development of a number (N) of financial functional areas with distinctive features.
10. The multiplier action plan to increase the number of listed companies. Following the plan of “100 enterprises, 100 road shows, 23 plans and 1 mechanism”, we will establish the listing coordination service to make great breakthroughs in promoting the enterprises to get listed in the stock market.
11. The university-rim knowledge-based economic circle. It gives full play to the intellectual resources, scientific research strengths and the intensive scientific and technological results of institutes and universities. It provides platforms for innovative and entrepreneurial activities and converge innovative resource factor by using the land and buildings in the surrounding areas of institutes and universities. The innovative resources will be pooled to stimulate innovation, entrepreneurship, science and technology research and development, commercialization of results, business incubation and talent training.
12. Eliminating, cultivating and reducing. It refers to eliminating ineffective supply, cultivating new growth drivers and reducing the cost of the real economy.
13. Raising, building and cultivating. Raising quality, building brands and cultivating new growth drivers.
14. Deepening the reform of the “three systems”. The “three systems” are labor, personnel and distribution systems within the state-owned enterprises. The reform of the labor system refers to the employment mechanism that hires the most capable and employees have the right to work or quit. The reform of the personnel system encourages employees to compete for management positions and employees have the chance to be promoted or demoted. The reform of the distribution system refers to the establishment of a flexible salary system that offers effective incentives.
15. The three lists of the investment project. The three lists are the negative list, the list of rights and the list of responsibilities in managing business investment projects.
16. Three beauties and four goods. It refers to beautiful fashion, environment and lifestyles and a good house, a good life, good habits, and good moral values.
17. Three cities and three metropolises. Chengdu will build a worldly renown city of culture and creativity, city of tourism and city of sporting events; an international metropolis of gastronomy, music and convention & exhibition.
18. The action of two dismantling and one expansion. It refers to the demolition of the wall, dismantling of illegal buildings and the expansion of the greenery.
19. Nine enters. The Tianfu culture will “enter” into government divisions, enterprises, communities, villages, schools, scenic spots, public places, transportation hub and ports and the cyberspace.
20. ATP250. ATP is the Men’s Professional Tennis Federation. ATP250 Chengdu Open awards 250 ranking points to the men’s singles champion.